Monday, July 05, 2004

Got Gmail? Get spammed for invites

As of last month: I've received around a dozen spam emails requesting that the sender be sent a Gmail invite. This one is 'creative':

-------
From: Hassan Latif
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:47:55 +0500
Subject: hi
Well I guess I'm gonna get busted but anyway..... can you send me a google invitation if you have one? Ok now I'm gonna close my eyez.
bye
-------

The rest are simply: 'hi i noticed you have a gmail account. can you please send me an invitation?'

Any one else meeting same issues with their accounts? The senders are all local names: 'sana', 'saima', etc.

4 comments:

blue^angel said...

lol... dun worry... i wont ask u for one... i already got one. :D

newyas... can u tell me when will i start getting invites?? its been more than 2 weeks... still now invites... hmmm.

Zunaira said...

Hmm. I dont think it has anything to do with being *famous* [who?]. However, my email address is listed on a virtual community--which might be causing these odd messages.

shobz said...

tell me about it. i have gotten around 10 requests for a gmail account. some people are so desperate. u should read the "begging emails" they sent me. they make the local beggars seem amateur.(sorry for the typo)

blue^angel said...

hmmm... i got the first GMail begging msg today... but im confused.... y am i not getting any invites to give out?? *thinking*