Monday, January 31, 2005

Windows XP SP2 "Data Execution Prevention" Vulnerability Discovered.

This is not so good for XP SP2 Users. Russian security outfit, Maxpatrol, have discovered CRITICAL vulnerability to defeat Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Heap protection and Data Execution Prevention mechanism.

Data execution prevention (DEP) is a set of hardware and software technologies that perform additional checks on memory to help protect against malicious code exploits. By default, software-enforced DEP only protects limited system binaries. Hardware-enforced DEP relies on processor hardware to mark memory with an attribute that indicates that code should not be executed from that memory.

View: Maxpatrol bypass article

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found a new article page submit. Post your Articles, Get Free Content. article page submit

Drunk Girl said...

Hi, what a great page! Really enjoyed it, keep up the great work!
yahoo messenger spy tool

Anonymous said...

I came across you blog and thought you may find this site usefull. It has gas saving tips and where to find cheap gas. free software downloads

:)

Anonymous said...

I like the way you have layed out your blog! I am currently working on one
myself when I find time from editing my new sites.

If you would be interested in checking out my site on alltel cellular phone
, I would appreciate any comments. It basically covers alltel cellular phone
related stuff.

If you have time check it out :-)

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Blog Keep Up The Good work. I have a blog if your looking for computers digital cameras mp3 players dvd burners sotware. Your find all the best deals from the best stores on the net.

All Computer and Electronics shopping in one location

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog about winxp basics. I have been trying to find more about winxp basics for my site at winxp basics Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi, Need to know about telecommunications story or update, so visit my website **Telecom** site/blog. It pretty much covers Telecommunications Updates related stuff.

Have a nice day.
Otai

Kazzrie said...

Calling ALL Affiliates!!
Now here is the deal of the month. Hurry ....only 24 places left for the Affiliate Bootbamp at FX Networking

freenanoipod said...

I did not realise that blogs could be so informative. I have been browsing and reading all day -- Very addictive.

I am going to set up a blog for my own site ipod nano! I have a lot to of information to share. The link to read should be
live soon. If you have an interest in the ipod nano I would love to hear what you think of my site :-)